• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (July 21, 1991) – WCW Main Event
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Tom Zenk vs. Rip Rogers
– Clip: Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham (GAB)
– The Hardliners vs. Joey Maggs,Ricky Nelson
– Gordon Solie announces Steiner Brothers stripped of WCW tag titles
– Johnny B Badd vs. Jackie Fulton
– Steve Austin vs. Chad Floyd
– The Yellow Dog vs. Mr. Hughes
• NXT Could Suffer If It Goes Head-To-Head With AEW’s TV Show
As we noted before, multiple sources have stated that WWE is planning to go head-to-head with AEW’s TV show on Wednesday nights by putting NXT on FOX’s FS1.
Based on what I've heard WWE directly told several on a need to know basis they were planning to go against AEW
— Sean Ross Sapp Of Fightful.com, Who Is Very Humble (@SeanRossSapp) July 19, 2019
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer noted that if NXT loses to AEW in terms of viewership, then it could hurt WWE’s developmental brand big time as Vince McMahon would get involved with NXT and even send some main roster stars on NXT (which is considered a developmental brand for newcomers to grow):
“If they lose I think that would be the next step and then what does that do? The whole developmental aspect of NXT is gonna be out the window cause they’re in a fight.”
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & SummerSlam 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R