• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 3, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Dane County Coliseum in Madison, Wisconsin and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mr. Perfect vs. Warren Bianci
– The Warlord vs. Frank DeFalco
– Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs. Pez Whatley
– Bad News Brown vs. Red Tyler
– The Hart Foundation vs. Tom Stone & Tom Bennett
– Tito Santana vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
– Ted DiBiase vs. Paul Roma
• NXT Wrestler Possibly Not Leaving WWE
WWE NXT wrestler Drake Maverick is set to go head-to-head with El Hijo Del Fantasma on tonight’s episode of NXT for the Interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship.
Maverick was released by WWE in April, and he’s still competing due to his 90-day non-compete clause.
The result of the title match tonight will be a career decider for Maverick.
The Wrestling Observer noted that he may not be heading out of WWE, as the company has built up this storyline very properly and Maverick has gotten over big time with it, so he’ll probably stay.
“If he’s really leaving he shouldn’t beat anyone on the way out. That doesn’t even make sense. So I can’t imagine them not keeping him. I mean it just doesn’t make sense at all.”