On this day in pro wrestling history in 2002, WWF Backlash PPV took place. The main event saw the top stars of two eras battle it out for the WWF Undisputed Championship when Triple H defended his title against Hollywood Hogan. Hogan defeated Triple H to become a 6 time WWF Champion, and this was the last “WWF” Title reign as the title was changed to WWE Undisputed Championship on May 6, 2002.
This was the first PPV after brand extension but remained a dual-brand PPV. This PPV also marked the first WWE televised match of Brock Lesnar, who would end up destroying Jeff Hardy. The PPV also saw Tajiri winning the Cruiserweight Title while Eddie Guerrero won the WWF Intercontinental Title.
Below are the full results from the PPV and this was indeed a great show with a lot of big names on the card:
* Tajiri (with Torrie Wilson) defeated Billy Kidman to win the WWF Cruiserweight Title
* Scott Hall (with X-Pac) defeated Bradshaw (with Farooq)
* Jazz defeated Trish Stratus to retain the WWF Women’s Title
* Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) defeated Jeff Hardy (with Lita) via referee stoppage
* Kurt Angle defeated Edge
* Eddie Guerrero defeated Rob Van Dam to win the WWF Intercontinental Title
* The Undertaker defeated Steve Austin with Ric Flair as special guest referee
* Billy & Chuck (with Rico) defeated Maven & Al Snow to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles
* Hollywood Hogan defeated Triple H to win the WWF Undisputed Title