On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1997, Badd Blood: In Your House took place. Prior to this event, Brian Pillman tragically passed away at the age of 35. Vince McMahon acknowledged Pillman’s death during the PPV event.
The first ever Hell in a Cell match took place at this event, between Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker, and Kane made his debut (under Kane character) as well. Below are the results from the PPV:
– Nation of Domination (Rocky Maivia, Kama Mustafa and D’Lo Brown) def. The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) in a handicap match.
– Max Mini and Nova def. Tarantula and Mosaic
– The Godwinns (Henry and Phineas) def. The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher) to win the WWF Tag Team Championship.
– Owen Hart def. Faarooq to win the vacant WWF Intercontinental Championship (Steve Austin vacated the title after his neck injury).
– The Disciples of Apocalypse (Crush, Chainz, 8-Ball and Skull) def. Los Boricuas (Savio Vega, Jesus Castillo, Jose Estrada, Jr. and Miguel Pérez, Jr.)
– Bret Hart and The British Bulldog def. Vader and The Patriot in a flag match
– Shawn Michaels def. The Undertaker in the 1st ever Hell in a Cell match and became the #1 contender for the WWF Championship. Kane made his debut during the match and attacked Undertaker.
You can watch Kane’s debut below: