• One Of The Most Brutal Injuries In Pro-Wrestling Happened 21 Years Ago Today (Video)
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 14, 2001, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Sin’ LIVE on PPV from the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana.
This PPV is infamous for Sid Vicious breaking his leg during the main event, an injury that eventually ended his mainstream wrestling career. Sid returned to pro wrestling years later, but mostly wrestled for the minor leagues then.
You can watch this horrible injury below:
Here are the results:
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero Jr. (c) defeated Shane Helms
– Reno defeated Big Vito
– The Jung Dragons defeated Evan Karagias & Jamie Knoble
– Ernest Miller defeated Mike Sanders
– Penalty Box match – Guest referee Jim Duggan: Team Canada defeated The Filthy Animals
– WCW Hardcore Championship: Meng defeated Crowbar and Terry Funk (c)
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Natural Born Thrillers defeated The Insiders (c)
– First Blood Chain match – WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Shane Douglas defeated Gen. Rection (c)
– NO DQ: Totally Buffed defeated Goldberg & DeWayne Bruce
– 4 way – WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner (c) defeated Jeff Jarrett, Sid Vicious and Road Warrior Animal
• On This Day In Wrestling History (January 14, 2014) – Old School Wrestling Legend Passes Away
On this day in 2014, we lost Old School Wrestling Legend Mae Young (Real name: Johnnie Mae Young) at the age of 90 due to natural causes.
Mae Young had matches between 1939 and 2010, which means she wrestled in 9 different decades, being active in the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s & 2010s.
In 2008, she was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Pat Patterson.
REST IN PEACE