• ON THIS DAY IN WRESTLING HISTORY (July 15, 1991) – UWF Fury Hour
On this day in 1991, Herb Abrams´ Universal Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘UWF Fury Hour’.
This episode was partially pre-taped on June 9th, 1991 at the Manatee Civic Center in Palmetto, Florida, but also featured 2 older matches.
The card can be found below:
– Capt. Lou’s Corner w/Steve Williams
– Lumberjack Match: Paul Orndorff vs Steve Williams (Fury Hour – 3/11)
– Steel Cage: Paul Orndorff vs Steve Williams (Fury Hour – 4/15)
– UWF SportsChannel Television Title Tournament Finals: Steve Williams vs Bam Bam Bigelow – for the first UWF SportsChannel Television Championship (Beach Brawl – 6/9)
• One Of The Most Shocking Moments In RAW History Took Place 18 Years Ago Today
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Vengeance 2002’ PPV.
This show featured one of the most shocking moments in WWE history happened when Eric Bischoff became the new general manager of Monday Night RAW. This was Eric Bischoff’s official WWE debut. Vince Russo could’ve been the one in his place but that idea was nixed.
Bischoff did not arrive into the building until about 15 minutes before the show began and spent most of the first hour in a limo in the parking lot.
Here’s what Eric Bischoff told WWE’s website regarding the deal:
“We’ve been talking unofficially through third parties for almost a year now. We’ve come close to doing something a couple of times, but for a variety of reasons it’s just never worked out. About a month or two ago, we’d gotten a little bit more serious in our conversations, and I got a chance to talk directly to Vince McMahon. I think we were able to break a lot of ice, just over the phone. Once we did that, it just seemed like it was much easier to move forward and get a deal done for sure. Really, this just came together within the last week or 10 days.”
Below are the results from this edition of RAW:
– Tommy Dreamer def. Steven Richards in a Singapore Cane match
– Molly Holly def. Trish Stratus
– Booker T def. Big Show
– Johnny Stamboli def. Bradshaw to win the WWE Hardcore Title
– Bradshaw def. Johnny Stamboli to regain the WWE Hardcore Title
– Brock Lesnar & The Undertaker def. Ric Flair & Rob Van Dam
You can watch Bischoff’s WWE debut below:
WATCH: Trish Stratus Strips: