• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (FEBRUARY 21, 1993) – WCW SUPERBRAWL III
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 21, 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW SuperBrawl III’ LIVE on PPV from the Asheville Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina.
This pay-per-view featured the return of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair to WCW, after he left the World Wrestling Federation a few weeks earlier.
Here are the results:
– The Hollywood Blonds defeated Erik Watts & Marcus Bagwell
– 2 Cold Scorpio defeated Chris Benoit
– Davey Boy Smith defeated Bill Irwin
– Falls Count Anywhere: Cactus Jack defeated Paul Orndorff
– Non Title: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express defeated The Heavenly Bodies (c)
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Dustin Rhodes (c) defeated Maxx Payne via DQ
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Barry Windham defeated The Great Muta (c)
– White Castle of Fear – Non Title – Strap match: Big Van Vader (c) defeated Sting
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Layla Shows Off Her Big Juggs:
• Original Plan For Alexa Bliss On This Week’s RAW Cancelled
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE officials were still writing the script of RAW while the show was airing and this led to many changes.
WWE officials originally planned RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey vs. Alexa Bliss for this week’s RAW and this was supposed to be a squash match (similar to Rousey’s Elimination Chamber 2019 match).
However, with multiple changes being made to the script, the decision was made to give Ronda a longer match and they felt Rousey vs. Bliss in a long match wouldn’t be good, so they decided to give Ruby Riott a longer match against Rousey this time.