• SmackDown Live Viewership Increases
This week’s episode of SmackDown Live, which featured the return of Charlotte Flair and Charlotte going on to defeat SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella in the main event of the show, drew 2.40 million viewers.
This is up from previous week’s 2.34 million viewers. In comparison, this week’s episode of RAW, which featured the return of Universal Champion Brock Lesnar to WWE programming after 3 months, drew 2.90 million viewers. This is up from previous week’s 2.78 million viewers.
Below are the results from this week’s SmackDown Live:
– Charlotte Flair returned to help Becky Lynch and hurt Carmella
– The Bar def. The Usos to advance to the finals of the SummerSlam tag team tournament
– Samoa Joe delivered a personal SummerSlam message to AJ Styles
– Shinsuke Nakamura and Randy Orton both attacked Jeff Hardy
– Zelina Vega def. Lana
– The Miz and Daniel Bryan engaged in jaw-dropping war of words
– Charlotte Flair def. Carmella to turn the SmackDown Women’s Championship Match at SummerSlam into a Triple Threat
Below are the top 10 moments from this week’s show:
• Original Return Plans For Former WWE Champion Revealed
Jinder Mahal made his return to WWE 2 years ago after the brand split. Mahal worked as an enhancement talent until the Superstar Shakeup in 2017. When he joined SmackDown Live after the Shakeup, Mahal jumped into the main event scene after winning the WWE Championship.
Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet took to Twitter to share the idea WWE had for Mahal when he returned. The idea was quite hilarious but it was never applied.
WWE wanted him to be a self-appointed authority figure on TV. He would go by the name of “The Mahal Monitor” and work similarly to what Baron Corbin is doing on RAW as Constable Corbin now.
When Jinder Mahal re-signed with WWE, there was a pitch to have his character be known as “The Mahal Monitor”where he’d act as a sort of self-appointed authority figure of the backstage hallways of WWE. Glad we didn’t get that instead of “The Constable.”
— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) July 31, 2018
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R