• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (July 31, 1993) – WWF Mania
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Mania’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Doink challenges Macho Man footage (Raw 7/26/93)
– Steiner Brothers vs. Money Inc. (Superstars 7/24/93)
– SummerSlam Report
– Bret Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow clips (Raw 7/26/93)
– Jerry Lawler vs. Owen Hart (Challenge 7/25/93)
– Ludvig Borga feature
– Ludvig Borga vs. Jason Headings (Challenge 7/25/93)
– Vince McMahon interviews Lex Luger (Raw 7/26/93)
– Mr. Hughes vs. Ross Greenberg (Raw 7/26/93)
• Paul Heyman Reportedly Suggested Vince McMahon To Move Baron Corbin Out Of The Main Event Scene
“The Lone Wolf” Baron Corbin feuded with Seth Rollins for the Universal Championship over the past couple of months.
The two faced each other at 3 pay-per-view events and the TV viewership during their feud was very low.
Below are the results of their matches on PPV:
– Super ShowDown: Seth Rollins (c) def. Baron Corbin to retain the Universal Championship
– Stomping Grounds: Seth Rollins (c) def. Baron Corbin in a No-Countout, No Disqualification match with Lacey Evans as the Special Guest Referee to retain the Universal Championship
– Extreme Rules: Seth Rollins (c) & Becky Lynch (c) def. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in a Last Chance Winners Take All Extreme Rules mixed tag team match
According to Slice Wrestling, Vince McMahon has been a constant supporter of Corbin (mainly due to the fact that he’s the tallest superstar on the WWE main roster today), but RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman suggested Vince to move Corbin out of the main event scene as they can’t afford to have the viewership drop even more.
Corbin hasn’t been involved in any significant program since his loss at Extreme Rules.