• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 17, 2000) – WCW Fall Brawl 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 17, 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Fall Brawl 2000’ LIVE on PPV from the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York.
This was the last of out of 8 annual ‘Fall Brawl’ pay-per-views but only one of 2 without a WarGames match on the card.
The results are here:
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Elix Skipper (c) defeated Kwee Wee
– The Misfits In Action defeated 3 Count
– First Blood Chain: The Harris Brothers defeated KroniK
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Lance Storm (c) defeated Gen. Rection
– Elimination: The Filthy Animals, Big Vito & Paul Orndorff wrestled The Natural Born Thrillers to a no contest
– Scaffold match: Shane Douglas & Torrie Wilson defeated Billy Kidman & Madusa
– Sting defeated The Great Muta & Vampiro
– Bunkhouse Brawl: Mike Awesome defeated Jeff Jarrett
– No DQ: Scott Steiner defeated Goldberg
– Cage match – WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Booker T defeated Kevin Nash (c)
• Possible Reason Behind Hell In A Cell 2018 Main Event Ending In A No Contest
In the main event of last night’s Hell In A Cell 2018 PPV, “The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar returned to WWE programming, broke the Hell in a Cell door and destroyed both Roman Reigns & Braun Strowman. This resulted in the Universal Title match ending in a no contest.
— TDE Wrestling (@totaldivaseps) September 17, 2018
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE possibly booked the match to end in a No Contest because it was the only way to protect Strowman. The only other possible finish in this case was Strowman getting pinned (as WWE wouldn’t book Reigns to drop the Universal Title this soon after his huge win over Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam).
As we noted earlier, the Fired Up podcast reported that WWE now plans to do a Triple Threat match for the Universal Championship between Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar either at Survivor Series 2018 PPV or the November 2nd show in Saudi Arabia.