• WWE Launches New ‘NXT UK’ Brand – New Titles Announced
WWE announced the following:
WWE launches new U.K. series
“LONDON, England and STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today announced that tickets will be available Friday, June 29, for eight Live Events that will be taped for NXT UK, a new United Kingdom series featuring the greatest competitors from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The U.K. Championship, plus two new championships — the U.K. Women’s Championship and U.K. Tag Team Championship — will be on the line at the following NXT UK events:
– Saturday, July 28, and Sunday, July 29, at the Corn Exchange, Cambridge
– Saturday, Aug. 25, and Sunday, Aug. 26, as part of Insomnia, the U.K.’s biggest gaming festival, at NEC Birmingham
– Saturday, Oct. 13, and Sunday, Oct. 14, at Plymouth Pavilions
– Saturday, Nov. 24, and Sunday, Nov. 25, at Liverpool Olympia.
“The U.K. has an amazing talent base and incredibly passionate fans that are deserving of their own showcase,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “This is the next step in our ongoing strategy to create localized content and further develop our brand globally.”
• Possible Reason Behind Title Change On RAW
As seen on this week’s episode of RAW, Seth Rollins lost the Intercontinental Championship to Dolph Ziggler in an open challenge match.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, one of the possible reasons behind this could be that WWE officials want to use Rollins in the multi-man #1 contenders match at Extreme Rules 2018.
Another could be WWE wanting to turn Elias into a babyface. Meltzer noted yesterday that a babyface turn for Elias could be coming and it can now be accomplished by Elias winning the Intercontinental Title by defeating a heel champion (Dolph Ziggler).
Speaking of Rollins, he’ll get his Intercontinental Championship rematch on next week’s episode of RAW.
— WWE (@WWE) June 19, 2018