• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 7, 2013) – WrestleMania 29: “Greatness vs. Redemption” & The Final World Heavyweight Championship Match At A WrestleMania Event
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 7, 2013, WrestleMania 29 took place and featured the second and final match between The Rock and John Cena. This match was for the WWE Championship and was billed as “Greatness vs. Redemption”.
This PPV also marks The Undertaker’s final victory in his “Undefeated WrestleMania record” as he went 21-0. The World Heavyweight Championship was defended for the final time at a WrestleMania event that year. Below are the results from the show:
– Intercontinental Championship Pre-Show Match: The Miz def. Wade Barrett (c) to win the Title.
– The Shield def. The Big Show, Randy Orton & Sheamus
– Mark Henry def. Ryback
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: Team Hell No (c) def. Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston to retain the Titles.
– Fandango def. Chris Jericho
– World Heavyweight Championship Match: Alberto Del Rio (c) def. Jack Swagger to retain the Title.
– The Undertaker def. CM Punk
– No Holds Barred Match With Triple H’s Career On The Line: Triple H def. Brock Lesnar
– “Greatness vs. Redemption” WWE Championship Match: John Cena def. The Rock (c) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from WrestleMania 29 in just 60 seconds below:
• Possible Spoiler On Braun Strowman’s Tag Team Partner At WrestleMania 34
According to DirtySheets.Net, WWE is planning to release merchandise for Mixed Match Challenge team “Little Big” (Braun Strowman & Alexa Bliss) despite the team losing in the tournament.
WWE officials also had Strowman & Bliss film an episode of Ride Along, which will air after WrestleMania 34.
WWE is also planning to release Mattel figures of Mixed Match Challenge teams, and one of these teams is Team Little Big.
This could be a possible indication that Alexa Bliss could be revealed as Strowman’s tag team partner at WrestleMania 34 (but this would only be done after Bliss drops the Raw Women’s Title to Nia Jax earlier in the night).
It should be noted that Strowman’s tag team partner isn’t expected to be someone who would be seen as a credible partner (like a returning Samoa Joe or Big Cass), as the plan is for Strowman to win the match all by himself and pose with both the Titles.
If Alexa ends up being Strowman’s tag team partner, then we might even see them kiss (which they had teased recently, but couldn’t do).