14. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 19, 2015) – The Undertaker Returns To Avenge His Biggest Loss
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 19, 2015, WWE Battleground 2015 PPV took place at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. In the main event of the show, Brock Lesnar challenged Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
During the ending moments of the match, The Undertaker appeared out of nowhere and attacked Lesnar (as Lesnar ended the undefeated WrestleMania streak of The Undertaker in 2014 and had been continuously mocking The Deadman for over an year due to that). The Undertaker went on to deliver multiple Chokeslams and Tombstone Piledrivers and costed Lesnar the Title match which he was about to win.
Below are the results from the show:
– King of the Ring Crown On The Line: King Barrett def. R-Truth to retain his crown
– Randy Orton def. Sheamus
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Prime Time Players (c) def. The New Day to retain the Titles.
– Bray Wyatt def. Roman Reigns
– Charlotte Flair def. Brie Bella and Sasha Banks
– United States Championship Match: John Cena (c) def. Kevin Owens to retain the Title.
– WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Brock Lesnar def. Seth Rollins (c) via DQ.
Below are the highlights from the show: