On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 15, 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired ‘WWE SummerSlam 2004’ LIVE on PPV from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Randy Orton became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in WWE history at this event. He was 24 years old at that time.
Also at the PPV, Kane won the right to marry Lita after defeating Matt Hardy, Edge retained the Intercontinental Title, JBL managed to retain the WWE Title against The Undertaker via DQ.
The PPV theme song of this dual brand pay-per-view was “Summertime Blues” by the band ‘Rush’.
Below are the PPV results:
– The Dudley Boyz defeated Billy Kidman, Paul London & Rey Mysterio
– “Till Death Do Us Part”: Kane defeated Matt Hardy
– WWE United States Championship: John Cena defeated Booker T (c)
– WWE Intercontinental Championship: Edge (c) defeated Batista and Chris Jericho
– Kurt Angle defeated Eddie Guerrero
– Triple H defeated Eugene
– WWE Championship: John “Bradshaw” Layfield (c) defeated The Undertaker via DQ
– World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton defeated Chris Benoit (c)
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon Shakes Her Hot Juggs:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.