• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 31, 1998) – WWF In Your House 22: Over the Edge
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on May 31, 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF In Your House 22: Over the Edge’ LIVE on PPV from the Wisconsin Center Arena in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
It was the 22nd out of 28 WWF In Your House pay-per-views, that aired between 1995 and 1999.
Here are the PPV results:
– LOD 2000 defeated The Disciples of Apocalypse
– Jeff Jarrett defeated Steve Blackman
– Marc Mero defeated Sable
– Kaientai defeated Bradshaw & Taka Michinoku
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Rock (c) defeated Faarooq
– Mask vs. Mask: Kane defeated Vader
– The Nation of Domination defeated D-Generation X
– Falls Count Anywhere – WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) defeated Dude Love
• Real Reason Behind EC3 Not Getting Pushed In WWE
Things haven’t been good for EC3 on the WWE main roster. He won his first match on RAW against Dean Ambrose, but things have gone downhill for him after that.
He has been losing to wrestlers who are used as enhancement talent and he mostly wrestles on WWE Main Event now.
During a recent appearance on Talk Is Jericho, Dean Ambrose reveals why EC3 isn’t getting pushed in WWE.
Below is what Ambrose said:
“They put me against EC3, debuting from NXT. Great talent, great friend of mine. Excited to work with him. They have EC3 come in as a babyface, defeat me in two minutes. The crowd does not like this, because it’s transparent what’s happening and this is not a—this is not good for EC3, because now he’s gonna get the backlash.
So it was an unfair position for him to be put in. We get to that weekend, I’m working with EC3 on house shows, now I’m the biggest babyface on the show. I’m a heel, I’m thumbing him in the eye, I’m making fun of the town, it doesn’t matter, they’re violently rejecting him as the babyface and they’re cheering the hell out of me. It’s got nothing to do with him, it’s like anti-WWE.”