• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (September 19, 1981) – AWA TV
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 19, 1981, Verne Gagne’s American Wrestling Association aired an episode of their weekly TV Show.
The show featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring several 1981 AWA Superstars.
Here’s the card:
– The High Flyers vs. Shannon & Scholl
– Hulk Hogan & Johnny V interview with Gene Okerlund
– Ed Boulder (Brutus Beefcake) vs. George Gadaski
– Greg Gagne with a Beefcake/Hogan commentary
– Baron Von Raschke vs. Ricky Young
– Hulk Hogan Vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenlee
– Tito Santana vs. Barrera
– Jesse Ventura & Adrian Adonis interview
– André The Giant interview
• Reason Behind Aleister Black Not Wrestling At SummerSlam 2019
Aleister Black vs. Sami Zayn was originally scheduled to take place at SummerSlam 2019, but it took place on SmackDown this week instead.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Vince McMahon tore up the script of this week’s SmackDown because he didn’t like it.
When he was done writing a show that he liked, there was still plenty of time left to fill, so Vince decided to put Black vs. Zayn on SmackDown:
“The Aleister Black and Sami Zayn match, the reason they did that was when Vince showed up and he didn’t like SmackDown and he tore the whole show apart, when he was done with the stuff he didn’t like and then changing the main event, they had an hour to fill so one of the ideas for that hour was ‘well, what can we do in this hour?’ — ‘Let’s put Aleister Black and Sami Zayn on’ — so that’s one of the things they did to fill the hole so they took that off the pay-per-view. So that’s the reason it’s off the pay-per-view.”
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & SummerSlam 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R