• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (November 15, 1999) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1999, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Barton Coliseum in Little Rock, Arkansas and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Mayhem 1999’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
1. Norman Smiley vs. Jimmy Hart
2. Booker T vs. Creative Control
3. Johnny Boone vs. Evan Karagias
4. Pinata On A Pole Match: Silver King vs. Psicosis vs. El Dandy vs. Villano V vs. Juventud Guerrera
5. Goldberg vs. Curt Hennig
6. Vampiro & The Misfits vs. Berlyn & The Wall
7. WCW World TV Title: Rick Steiner vs. Sid Vicious
8. Block Match: Jerry Flynn vs. Barbarian
9. Asya vs. Kimberly Page
10. Scott Hall vs. Chris Benoit
11. Billy Kidman vs. Bret Hart
12. Buff Bagwell vs. Jeff Jarrett
13. House Of Pain Match: Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko vs. Eddy Guerrero & Konnan
14. Lex Luger vs. Sting
15. Street Fight: Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash
• Reason Behind Major Heel Turn On SmackDown Live
As seen on this week’s episode of SmackDown Live, Daniel Bryan defeated AJ Styles to win the WWE Championship and he also turned heel in the process.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, Bryan wanted to turn heel because his booking as a babyface against The Miz was “counterproductive”.
Below is what Meltzer said:
“So it is a complicated story but Daniel Bryan himself has been pushing the idea of going heel just because his booking as a babyface with The Miz was counterproductive.
It’s amazing to me that he came back in March and here we are in November and obviously, he made this choice some time back — not a long time back but weeks back — that he had to go heel.
So that was Daniel’s call, well, in the end, it was Vince’s call. So that was something that he wanted to do that had not been approved.”