• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 27, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1993’ PPV.
The match-card can be found right here:
– All American Exclusive: Ted DiBiase vs. Bart Gunn (Columbus, OH 6/14/93)
– Razor/Kid clips
– Razor Ramon vs. 123 Kid – joined in progress (Raw 6/21/93)
– Marty Jannetty vs. Doink the Clown – 2/3 falls *JIP* (Raw 6/21/93)
– Comments by Yokozuna & Mr. Fuji
• Reason Behind Sasha Banks Facing Asuka At Extreme Rules: The Horror Show
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Sasha Banks from SmackDown is set to challenge Asuka for the RAW Women’s Championship at Extreme Rules: The Horror Show.
After the finish of Asuka vs. Nia Jax at Backlash, it was expected that WWE would have a Triple Threat match between Jax, Flair and Asuka at Extreme Rules. However, the plan has been delayed due to Charlotte Flair taking time off for an elective surgery.
The Wrestling Observer noted that WWE chose Banks as Asuka’s challenger because they needed a top star to face her at Extreme Rules.
“Banks, a SmackDown wrestler, is going after the RAW Title likely due to Charlotte Flair being out of action. Flair had two wins over Asuka, but then lost to Asuka on television and did an injury angle off it.”
As we noted earlier, the plan for a Triple Threat match between Jax, Flair and Asuka is still in place when The Queen returns (which will possibly happen at SummerSlam).
WATCH: Sasha Banks’ Major Wardrobe Malfunction: