• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (April 13, 1991) – WCW Power Hour
On this day in 1991, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Power Hour’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl I’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Dustin Rhodes vs. Greg Sawyer
– Tommy Rich & Big Josh vs. Mike Samples & Keith Hart
– Ron Simmons vs. Rip Rogers
– Sting vs. Tom Sawyer
– Owen Hart vs. Keith Stark
– Vader/Hansen brawl from WrestleWar
– Nikita Koloff’s return (from Wrestle War)
– Barry Windham vs. Tommy Angel
– SuperBrawl Control Center
– Larry Zbyszko vs. Thad Clark
– TV Title Match: Arn Anderson vs. Brian Pillman
• Reason Behind The Undertaker’s Return Being Moved From WrestleMania 35 To RAW
As we noted earlier, John Cena was originally planned to be involved in an angle with Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 35 (tap here to know more).
But when that plan was cancelled and Cena was added to a segment with Elias, WWE made a plan of having two people interrupt Elias’ segment.
First would’ve been Cena, who would have laid out Elias in pretty much the same way he actually did at WrestleMania 35.
After this, Elias would have dusted himself off to begin his performance again. Elias would’ve then said a clever line (like the Deadman line he said on RAW after WrestleMania) and this would’ve resulted in The Undertaker returning to make his record 27th WrestleMania appearance.
However, WWE once again had timing issues and decided to save Taker’s return for RAW after WrestleMania 35.
This was done to promote Taker’s upcoming match with Elias (at the next Saudi Arabia PPV in June) to the Saudi Arabian audience. The WWE Network subscribers in Saudi Arabia are very low, but RAW is available to all fans in Saudi Arabia on free TV, so they all could watch Taker plant seeds for his match with Elias.
No word yet on when The Undertaker’s next TV appearance will be. We’ll keep you updated regarding this.
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Exposes It ALL!!! :