• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 10, 2000) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado and featured matches, interviews & segments on the road to the ‘WCW Spring Stampede 2000’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– World Heavyweight Title Tournament: DDP vs. Lex Luger
– World Heavyweight Title Tournament: Sting vs. Sid Vicious
– Jeff Jarrett vs. Curt Hennig
– Ric Flair vs. Shane Douglas
– World Heavyweight Title Tournament: DDP vs. Sting
• Reason Behind WrestleMania 35 Match Being Cut Short
As seen at WrestleMania 35, Samoa Joe defeated Rey Mysterio in just a minute to retain the United States Championship.
Many people thought the match was short because Rey was still hurt (he suffered an ankle injury prior to WrestleMania 35), but that’s not the case.
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, the match was cut short because of timing issues:
“I asked about that and was told it was short because the event was already 7.5 hours and I asked specifically. They gave them 1 minute because even at 1 minute that show was still 7.5 hours.”
WATCH: Hottest Torrie Wilson Stinkface With Bum Ever: