• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 14, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the New Haven Civic Center in New Haven, Connecticut and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania III’ PPV.
Here is the card:
1. The Killer Bees vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe & Tiger Chung Lee
2. Harley Race vs. Don Driggers
3. Koko B. Ware vs. Barry O
4. Hercules vs. Mario Mancini
5. Piper’s Pit with Hulk Hogan
6. Randy Savage vs. Sivi Afi
• Reason Behind WWE Changing Name Of Jeff Hardy’s Signature Move
Former WWE Champion Jeff Hardy returned to action on this week’s SmackDown and defeated King Corbin.
During the match, Hardy’s signature move “Twist of Fate” was renamed to “Twist of Fury”.
According to PWInsider, this change was made because Matt Hardy owns the trademark for “Twist Of Fate”:
“Jeff Hardy’s Twist of Fate was called The Twist of Fury on SmackDown by Michael Cole on commentary as Matt Hardy has exited the company and owns the trademark on that term.”
Matt’s wife, Reby Hardy, tweeted the following about this:
— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) March 14, 2020
WATCH: Nia Jax Secretly Records Alexa Bliss’ Fine Bum: