• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 23, 1996) – WCW Clash of the Champions 32
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 23, 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Clash Of The Champions 32’ LIVE on TBS from the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Caesars Palace has also been the location of WWF WrestleMania IX, almost 3 years earlier, but while the World Wrestling Federation went for the open-air arena, WCW booked their Clash event to be held in the indoor arena.
Below are the results:
– The Public Enemy wrestled The Nasty Boys to a double DQ
– Dean Malenko defeated Alex Wright
– Brian Pillman defeated Eddie Guerrero
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: Sting & Lex Luger (c) defeated The Blue Bloods
– Konnan defeated Psychosis
– Ric Flair & The Giant defeated Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage
• Reason Behind WWE Dropping Daniel Bryan’s 2019 Gimmick
During a recent interview with My San Antonio, SmackDown Superstar Daniel Bryan talked about his environmental guy gimmick from 2019 and why he had to drop it.
Below is what Bryan said:
“When I was doing the environmental thing, they actually told me to stop talking about the environment because they told me it was a political issue and we don’t want to deal with politics.
I said, ‘It’s not a political issue. It’s a scientific issue, and the sciences pretty much prove it.’
So rather than looking at it from a right or left point of view, let’s look at it as, ‘Hey, improving the environment is a bulletproof idea to improve all of our children’s lives.’
And I think that’s also something that people can get behind, too. But how you do that in a wrestling format? I have no idea.”
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Summer Rae Shows Off Her Buns On A Beach: