• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (May 9, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Razor Ramon vs. El Matador – KOTR Qualifier (Superstars 5/8/93)
– Crush vs. Steve Vega (Superstars 5/8/93)
– Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Terry Zeller (Challenge 5/9/93)
– Special Report: Undertaker & Giant Gonzalez (Challenge 5/9/93)
– Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Papa Shango – KOTR Qualifier (Challenge 5/9/93)
– No Hope with Dope Promo
– Yokozuna vs. Sean Dakota (Superstars 5/8/93)
– Virgil vs. Tim Patterson (Challenge 5/9/93)
– Smoking Gunns Promo
– Headshrinkers vs. Scott Bazo & Bob Young (Superstars 5/1/93)
WATCH: Awesome Sideview Of Paige’s Juggs:
• Reason Behind WWE Pulling Their Wrestler From A Match Against AEW Wrestler
WWE NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Storm will no longer face AEW wrestler Bea Priestly at an upcoming Stardom event.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer revealed that Toni was scheduled to lose the match and that’s why WWE officials ended up pulling her from the match:
“WWE wouldn’t it happen. So here’s the thing for the people who wanna argue the point and there is no arguing the point. When WWE tells you or any promoter tells you or any booker tells you wins and losses don’t matter, okay? They are lying to you no matter what.
They’ll tell you it, but they’re lying. Here’s the perfect example is this Toni Storm/Bea Priestly match so Toni Storm was gonna get a shot at the Stardom red belt which Bea Priestly just won the other day. So they were setting up a match for the 16th.
WWE found out and cancelled it because Bea Priestly is an AEW wrestler and was going to go over because she’s the champion there and Toni Storm wasn’t going to win the title.”