• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 21, 1990) – WWF Royal Rumble 1990
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 21, 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Orlando Arena in Orlando, Florida.
WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan won this year’s Royal Rumble match, which was only possible because the rule for the Rumble winner to get a title shot at WrestleMania, wasn’t established till 1993.
The PPV Results:
– The Bushwhackers defeated The Fabulous Rougeaus
– Brutus Beefcake wrestled The Genius to a double DQ
– Submission match: Ronnie Garvin defeated Greg Valentine
– Jim Duggan defeated The Big Boss Man via DQ
– Hulk Hogan won the 30-man Royal Rumble match
• Ring Rope Breaks During WWE Title Match Last Night – Rope Used As A Weapon (Video)
At last night’s WWE SmackDown Live Event in Omaha, Nebraska, the middle ring rope broke during the WWE Championship match between Daniel Bryan & AJ Styles.
Below is a photo:
— Bryant Haremza (@bharemza) January 21, 2019
Bryan used the middle rope as a weapon and you can watch it below:
Below are the results from this Live Event:
– SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Bar (c) def. The New Day & The Usos to retain the Titles.
– Naomi & Lana def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
– Jeff Hardy def. Samoa Joe
– Andrade def. R-Truth
– WWE Championship Match: Daniel Bryan (c) def. AJ Styles to retain the Title.
– Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson & Shelton Benjamin def. SAnitY & Aiden English
– Jey Uso def. Aiden English
– United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) def. Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the Title.
– SmackDown Women’s Championship Match: Asuka (c) def. Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch to retain the Title.