• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 23, 2015) – WrestleMania 30 Rematch Between Brock Lesnar & The Undertaker
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 23, 2015, SummerSlam 2015 PPV took place.
This is event featured the highly anticipated WrestleMania 30 rematch between Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker in the main event.
Below are the results from this PPV:
– Sheamus def. Randy Orton
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day def. The Prime Time Players (c), Los Matadores & The Lucha Dragons to win the Titles.
– Dolph Ziggler (with Lana) vs. Rusev (with Summer Rae) ended in a double count-out
– Neville & Stephen Amell def. King Barrett & Stardust
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Ryback (c) def. The Big Show & The Miz to retain the Title.
– Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose def. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper
– Winner Takes All: WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins def. United States Champion John Cena to win the United States Championship.
– Team PCB def. Team B.A.D & Team Bella
– Kevin Owens def. Cesaro
– The Undertaker def. Brock Lesnar
You can watch the highlights from this PPV below:
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• Roman Reigns Overtakes John Cena As The #1 Merchandise Seller In WWE
According to the Wrestling Observer, new Universal Champion Roman Reigns has now overtaken 16 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena as the #1 merchandise seller in WWE.
Reigns was previously the #1 merchandise seller among the full-time WWE wrestlers, but didn’t overtake Cena at that point despite Cena now being a part-timer.
The fact that Reigns is the #1 merchandise seller in WWE despite a negative reaction from the crowd shouldn’t come as a surprise as Vince McMahon is using the same strategy on Reigns that he used on Cena (where Vince found out that Cena continued to out draw everyone in the WWE by a large margin despite receiving a lot of negative reaction).