• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 3, 2005) – John Cena & Batista Win Their 1st World Title
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 3, 2005, WrestleMania 21 took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.
At this event, John Cena & Batista (two of the biggest stars of WWE’s Ruthless Aggression Era) won their 1st World Titles and the 1st ever Money in the Bank Ladder match took place. Below are the results:
– Rey Mysterio def. Eddie Guerrero
– Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Edge def. Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Christian (with Tyson Tomko), Kane, and Shelton Benjamin
– The Undertaker def. Randy Orton
– WWE Women’s Championship Match: Trish Stratus (c) def. Christy Hemme (with Lita) to retain the Title.
– Kurt Angle def. Shawn Michaels
– Sumo Match: Akebono def. The Big Show
– WWE Championship Match: John Cena def. JBL to win the Title.
– World Heavyweight Championship Match: Batista def. Triple H (c) (with Ric Flair) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this show in just 60 seconds below:
• Rumor Killer On Carmella Becoming A Women’s Champion Soon
There are rumors going on that Carmella is going to successfully cash-in her Money In The Bank contract soon and become either the SmackDown or the Raw Women’s Champion (yes, some people have even begun speculating that she might get drafted to Raw and become a Champion over there).
However, that’s not the case. As DirtySheets.Net originally reported in their exclusive report, plan is still for Carmella to cash-in her Money in the Bank contract and end up losing her Title match.
The only thing that’s not confirmed at the moment is if she will cash-in at WrestleMania 34 or at a later point. Carmella wants to have her cash-in moment at WrestleMania 34, but WWE officials think they already have enough moments planned for WrestleMania 34 and this one can be saved for a later date.