• Rumor Killer On Former United States Champion Leaving WWE
Rumors regarding former United States Champion Ricochet leaving WWE were going around online this past week.
A site posted a story about The One And Only leaving WWE soon, but he denied it immediately, calling the report fake.
👇🏽This is fake 👇🏽 https://t.co/UGnfagEOVi
— Pretty Ricky (@KingRicochet) January 14, 2021
In this week’s edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that Ricochet is under contract with WWE until the summer of 2024, which means he isn’t going anywhere else anytime soon.
It was also noted that Ricochet signed a 5-year contract with WWE back in 2019, when the company was locking down talents under big money contracts due to AEW being established at that time.
WATCH: Nikki Bella’s Juggs Touched:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (January 15, 2004) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Royal Rumble 2004’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. No. 1 Contender (Cruiserweight Title): Tajiri vs. Jamie Noble
2. Rikishi vs. Scotty 2 Hotty
3. Basham Brothers vs. World’s Greatest Tag Team
4. Battle Royal: Nunzio vs. Johnny Stamboli vs. Chuck Palumbo
5. The Big Show vs. Funaki
6. Loser Wash Your Mouth With Soap Match: John Cena vs. Rhyno