• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 17, 1994) – WCW Spring Stampede 1994
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 17, 1994, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Spring Stampede 1994’ LIVE on PPV from the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago, Illinois.
With a great card like that, this was actually one of the most underrated pay-per-views in WCW history.
The results can be found here:
– Johnny B. Badd def. Diamond Dallas Page
– WCW World Television Championship: Lord Steven Regal (c) wrestled Brian Pillman to a time-limit-draw
– Chicago Street Fight: The Nasty Boys def. Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Steve Austin (c) def. The Great Muta via DQ
– WCW International Heavyweight Championship: Sting def. Rick Rude (c)
– Bunkhouse match: Bunkhouse Buck def. Dustin Rhodes
– Big Van Vader def. The Boss (The Big Boss Man)
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair (c) wrestled Ricky Steamboat to a double-pin-fall
• Ryback Mocks WWE’s Biggest SmackDown Acquisition
On this week’s episode of SmackDown, Vince McMahon revealed the biggest SmackDown acquisition of all time.
Prior to the reveal, former WWE Superstar “The Big Guy” Ryback mocked WWE’s announcement by tweeting the following:
Henry Healthcare? A full blown Employee whose rental cars and hotels are paid for. A Superstar who gets full disclosure on paydays and an honest merchandise %. Subjected to drug tests that don’t leave out Anavar and Sarms. Sounds like a top level talent. ?? https://t.co/AymmuARagR
— The Big Guy (@Ryback22) April 16, 2019
• Big E Reacts To Big O Joining New Day
On this week’s SmackDown, former Universal Champion Kevin Owens became an honorary member of The New Day because Big E is injured. Owens called “Big O”.
Below is how Big E reacted to this:
— Florida Man (@WWEBigE) April 17, 2019