• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (April 18, 1988) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Bam Bam Bigelow & Don Muraco vs. The One Man Gang & Butch Reed
– Ron Bass vs. Reno Riggins
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Gene Watson
– Jim Duggan vs. Pete Sanchez
– WWF Tito Santana & Rick Martel vs. The Conquistadors
– The One Man Gang vs. Van Van Horne
– The Junkyard Dog vs. Hercules
• Sasha Banks Was Scheduled To Make History At WWE’s Next Saudi Arabia PPV
“The Boss” Sasha Banks asked for her release from WWE because of multiple reasons.
She thought she’ll have a significant run with the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship, but then she was told about dropping the Championship at WrestleMania 35. She was then told her tag team with Bayley would be breaking up during the Superstar Shake-Up.
Another factor that resulted in Sasha getting upset and asking for her release is that she was scheduled to make history in Saudi Arabia, but it looks like that won’t be the case after she lost the Tag Team Title.
According to Brad Shepard, WWE officials had talks with Saudi Arabia officials and they came to a decision that one women’s match will be allowed at WWE’s next Saudi Arabia PPV in June.
This match was scheduled to be Sasha Banks & Bayley defending the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship against Natalya & Beth Phoenix. Sasha (along with the other 3 women in this match) would’ve made history by competing in the first-women’s match in Saudi Arabia.
However, WWE soon made the decision to have Sasha lose the Title and this was another thing that didn’t sit well with “The Boss” and she asked for her release.
WATCH: Sasha Banks Gets The Finger Down There On RAW: