• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 2, 1989) – NWA Clash Of The Champions 6
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 2, 1989, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘NWA Clash Of The Champions VI: Ragin’ Cajun’ LIVE on TBS from the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.
The main event saw NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat defending his title against “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair in a ‘Two out of three falls match’.
The results from that night:
– The Samoan Swat Team defeated The Midnight Express
– The Great Muta defeated Steven Casey
– The Junkyard Dog defeated Butch Reed
– Bob Orton defeated Dick Murdoch
– NWA World Tag Team Championship: Mike Rotunda & Steve Williams defeated The Road Warriors (c)
– Ranger Ross defeated The Iron Sheik via DQ
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship: Eddie Gilbert & Rick Steiner (c) defeated Dan Spivey & Kevin Sullivan
– 2-out-of-3 falls – NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ricky Steamboat (c) defeated Ric Flair
• Seth Rollins Reveals What He Said To Vince McMahon To Get His Finisher Back
Seth Rollins’ finisher, Curb Stomp, was banned from WWE for some time (due to the concussion lawsuits against WWE), but it eventually returned.
During a recent interview with The Wrap, Rollins revealed what he said to Vince McMahon to get his finisher back:
“It was a conversation that I had to have with [Vince McMahon]. It was something where he had his reasons for why he wanted to get rid of it at the time.
That was a fine and dandy, but I was having trouble getting a finisher that I was happy with and he was happy with. The Pedigree worked for a little bit, and the Ripcord Knee worked OK. But at the end of the day, the Stomp was what I was synonymous with, it’s what I won the title with, it was part of who I was.
When it came down to it, I just went and asked him a few years later. I said, ‘Hey look, I want to do this. Give me reasons not to and I will tell you why you’re wrong and hopefully, we can meet in the middle’. He was on my side, I caught him on a good day. Luckily it’s back and hopefully, it’s not going anywhere.”