At Night Of Champions, Seth Rollins will face AJ Styles in the tournament final to crown the inaugural World Heavyweight Champion.
Rollins advanced to the Finals by winning the following two matches:
– Defeated Damian Priest and Shinsuke Nakamura in a Triple Threat Match
– Defeated Finn Balor in the Semi-Finals
On the other hand, Styles advanced to the Finals by winning the following two matches:
– Defeated Edge and Rey Mysterio in a Triple Threat Match
– Defeated Bobby Lashley in the Semi-Finals
During a sit-down interview with Corey Graves on last night’s RAW, Rollins said his current character is his best version due to his organic connection with the fans.
Rollins said there are too many guys at the top that don’t want to take any risks, and that’s why it’s the right time to introduce the new World Heavyweight Championship.
This interview will continue airing on next week’s RAW, where Rollins will comment on Roman Reigns’ Undisputed WWE Universal Championship reign.
Rollins will set a 1st time ever record in WWE’s 60 year history at Night Of Champions, by becoming the first man to be involved in 3 different matches to crown 3 different inaugural champions in WWE:
1. He won the match to crown the inaugural NXT Champion in 2012.
2. He lost the match to crown the inaugural Universal Champion at SummerSlam 2016.
3. He will compete in a match to crown the inaugural World Heavyweight Champion at Night Of Champions 2023.