• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (August 20, 1985) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF The Wrestling Classic’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Don Muraco vs. Brian Madden
– Mad Dog Vachon vs. Lenny Keane
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Salvatore Bellomo (Beefcake’s MSG debut)
– Greg Valentine vs. Jose Luis Rivera
– Jesse Ventura vs. Billy Travis
– Nikolai Volkoff vs. Chief Jay Strongbow
– André the Giant vs. Alexis Smirnoff
– Brian Blair vs. Iron Mike Sharpe
– The Junkyard Dog vs. Max Blue
WATCH: WWE Interviewer Charly Caruso Featured In A Non-PG Video:
• Shelton Benjamin’s Possible New WWE Name Revealed
As we noted before, former RAW Tag Team Champion Chad Gable might be getting a name change on WWE programming soon.
According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Chad Gable’s new name might be “Shorty G”:
“The future of Chad Gable might be obscured a bit. There was a promo that they released after SmackDown with Shelton Benjamin talking about King of the Ring and Chad Gable was standing next to him. He said, ‘hey Shelton, what’s up?’ Shelton looked at him and said, ‘Shorty!’ and walked away.
We noted a couple of weeks ago that WWE has copyrighted the name ‘Shorty G’ for a potential character. If Chad Gable is going to be ‘Shorty G,’ if that’s where they’re going with it — I don’t sense a bunch of upward mobility in his future with his character.”
According to WrestlingNewsCo, WWE officials are planning to put Gable & Benjamin together and give them a big push in the tag team division.
With that being said, WWE officials are planning to change Benjamin’s name to “Shelty B”.
So it looks like we’re going to see the tag team of Shelty B & Shorty G on WWE programming soon.
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & SummerSlam 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R