• SmackDown Live Viewership Drops
This week’s episode of SmackDown Live, featuring Shinsuke Nakamura in the main event, drew 2.58 million viewers. This is down from previous week’s 2.89 million viewers.
In comparison, this week’s Raw drew 3.37 million viewers (up from previous week’s 3.33 million viewers). Below are the results from SmackDown Live:
– Jinder Mahal & Rusev def. United States Champion Randy Orton & Bobby Roode
– Becky Lynch def. Ruby Riott
– Daniel Bryan issued a WrestleMania challenge
– The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers ended in calamity
– Dolph Ziggler def. Tyler Breeze
– Shinsuke Nakamura def. Shelton Benjamin
Below are the top 10 moments from this week’s show:
• Shocking News Regarding Women’s Revolution & WWE’s Newest Marketing Strategy
DirtySheets.Net has revealed yet another important & interesting backstage story.
According to Dirty Sheets, WWE officials will be promoting the “Women’s Revolution” agenda, whether it’s organic or not. This agenda includes WWE finally having a Women’s match main event a WrestleMania event (which is currently planned to be next year).
Another interesting thing that should be noted here is that WWE told its production team members to go into the crowd and chant “This is hope!” during the first ever WWE Women’s match at a WWE Live Event in Abu Dhabi last year. WWE then promoted this incident on their programming and Media Outlets.
Dirty Sheets’ source issued the following statement regarding WWE’s newest marketing strategy:
“This is the direction, whether people want it or not, whether it’s organic or not. It’s an easy way to get them mainstream exposure and it’s a way to hit a new fanbase they haven’t exploited before. The WWE have never targeted girls aged 5-14. That is the goal here.”