• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 13, 1993) – WWF King of the Ring 1993
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 13, 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘King of the Ring 1993’ LIVE on PPV from the Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio.
This was the 1st annual “King of the Ring” pay-per-view out of 10 that aired from 1993 till 2002.
Other King of the Ring tournaments that were held in 1985-1989, 1991, 2006, 2008, 2010 & 2015 happened either during House Shows or during weekly TV shows.
Here are the PPV results:
– Quarter-final: Bret Hart defeated Razor Ramon
– Quarter-final: Mr. Perfect defeated Mr. Hughes by DQ
– Quarter-final: Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Duggan
– Quarter-final: Lex Luger wrestled Tatanka to a time limit draw
– Semi-final: Bret Hart defeated Mr. Perfect
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Yokozuna defeated Hulk Hogan (c)
– The Smoking Gunns & The Steiner Brothers defeated The Headshrinkers & Money Inc.
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels (c) defeated Crush
– King of the Ring final: Bret Hart defeated Bam Bam Bigelow
• SmackDown Match For Lars Sullivan Cancelled Due To Injury
As seen on this week’s episode of RAW, Lars Sullivan defeated Lucha House Party in 1 on 3 Handicap Elimination match.
According to the Wrestling Observer, Sullivan was scheduled to face Matt Hardy on this week’s episode of SmackDown Live, but the match was cancelled because of Sullivan suffering a minor injury.
Lars Sullivan vs. Matt Hardy is now expected to happen on next week’s episode of SmackDown.
No word yet on what kind of injury Sullivan suffered.