• Old School WrestleMania Celebrity Would Have Celebrated His Birthday
Today would have been the 100th birthday of Old School WrestleMania Celebrity Liberace (Real name: Wladziu Liberace).
In 1985, Liberace appeared on the first ever WrestleMania as one of many celebrities (including Muhammad Ali & Cindy Lauper) and was used as the special guest time-keeper for the main event of the night, Hulk Hogan & Mr. T versus Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff.
He’s one of the many former WWF celebrities, who are currently not inducted into the ‘Celebrity Wing’ of the WWE Hall of Fame (yet).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & † REST IN PEACE!
May 16, 1919 – February 4, 1987
• SmackDown Reaches A New Historic Low
This week’s episode of SmackDown, which featured the final build-up for Money In The Bank 2019 PPV and WWE Champion Kofi Kingston fighting with Kevin Owens in the main event segment, drew 1.83 million viewers.
This is down from previous week’s 1.93 million viewers and turned out to be the lowest viewership for SmackDown for a non-holiday first-run episode ever.
The only SmackDown episode to do a lower viewership than this was the New Year’s Eve 2015 episode of SmackDown, which drew 1.66 million viewers.
In comparison, this week’s RAW drew 2.35 million viewers, up from previous week’s 2.24 million viewers.
Below are the results from this week’s SmackDown:
– The Usos took advantage of the Wild Card Rule prior to chaotic brawl
– Andrade def. Finn Bálor, Ali and Randy Orton in Fatal 4-Way Match
– Shane McMahon, Elias, Daniel Bryan & Rowan def. Roman Reigns & The Usos
– The Kabuki Warriors def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
– “The Kevin Owens Show” got wild with Kofi Kingston as the guest
Below are the top 10 moments from SmackDown: