• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (August 26, 1998) – WCW Thunder (Wednesday Special)
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired a special wednesday episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Thunder’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1998’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Wrath vs. Scott Putski
2. Mike Enos vs. Bull Pain
3. The Cat vs. Disco Inferno
4. Konnan vs. Silver King
5. Kaz Hayashi vs. Evan Karagias
6. Lodi vs. Saturn
7. Scott Norton vs. Jim Neidhart
8. WCW World TV Title: Chris Jericho vs. Alex Wright
9. Curt Hennig vs. Van Hammer
10. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Stevie Ray
• Sonya Deville Receiving Death Threats From Unknown People Amid Stalker Case
WWE SmackDown wrestler Sonya Deville escaped a kidnapping attempt at her home made by an individual named Thomas A. Phillip II a few weeks ago.
The criminal is under Police custody right now, but Deville’s problems haven’t ended.
In a court filing shared by HeelByNature, Deville and her ex-girlfriend Ariana Johnson both qualify as “victim or witness at risk of harm”. Johnson has already been threatened by Thomas for her association with Deville.
The court granted that motion as Deville has been receiving additional threats from unknown individuals. The threatening messages included, “I’ll finish the job that Phillip started”, and “My knife is sharper than Phillp’s”.
Deville is currently off WWE programming as she lost a No Disqualification, Loser Leaves WWE match to Mandy Rose at SummerSlam this past Sunday.