• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 22, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Way Out 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Rikishi vs. Jeff Hardy
2. Big Show vs. Steve Blackman vs. Crash vs. Perry Saturn vs. K-Kwik vs. Bob Holly
3. Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho & X-Pac
4. Test vs. William Regal
5. Ivory vs. The Kat
6. Edge, Christian & Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker, Kane & The Rock
• Spoiler For WWE Super ShowDown 2020 Main Event
As seen on last night’s episode of SmackDown, WWE Hall of Famer Goldberg laid out “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt with a Spear.
Will Goldberg be able to lay out The Fiend next Thursday as well to win his second Universal Championship?
— WWE (@WWE) February 22, 2020
The answer, as of this writing, is no.
According to the Wrestling Observer, Goldberg isn’t currently scheduled to wrestle at WrestleMania 36, which means he won’t win the Universal Championship at WWE Super ShowDown 2020.
There’s some speculation that Vince McMahon might change his mind at the last minute and decides that Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship will be the bigger draw for WrestleMania, so he books Goldberg to beat The Fiend.
However, that would mean that WWE cancels their long written plan of Reigns beating The Fiend at WrestleMania 36, which doesn’t look to be the case.
WATCH: Girl Plays With Paige’s Juggs: