• Stone Cold Explains Why He Turned Heel At WrestleMania 17
During an interview with Dan Patrick, WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin explained why he turned heel at WWF WrestleMania 17 back in 2001.
Below is what Austin said:
“Well, they revolted. They didn’t want to hate me. By that time they loved me so much. You always want to do something big at WrestleMania. I didn’t think we had anything big that year, so I told Vince ‘hey man, I’ll turn heel.’
At a certain point, you just kind of flip and you think things are going to get hotter, but it has to be warranted.
I was feeling flat going into WrestleMania 17, because I’d been hot for so long and I’ve always liked to be the bad guy anyway. So, that’s why I wanted to turn into the bad guy, so I could have fun. But, people didn’t like it.”
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & SummerSlam 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (August 17, 1992) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1992, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1992’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Rick Martel vs. Jim Powers
– The Legion of Doom vs. Flex Armstrong & Richie Rich
– The Headshrinkers vs. Tony Ulysses & Phil Apollo
– Crush vs. Jeff Daniels
– Kamala vs. Joe Steel
– The Undertaker vs. Chris Duffy
– Tito Santana, Owen Hart & Koko B. Ware vs. The Nasty Boys
– Papa Shango vs. Paul Vandale
– The Big Boss Man vs. Skinner
– Virgil vs. Vito Krus