• Stone Cold Steve Austin To Main Event WrestleMania After 21 Years
At WrestleMania 38, WWF Legend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will return to confront Kevin Owens on The KO Show.
This talk show segment will turn into a fight, or even a match, as Austin mentioned.
According to Reddit user kermit125, who has broken multiple news stories in the past, Austin & Owens will main event Night 1 of WrestleMania 38 on April 2nd.
This will be Owens’ 1st WrestleMania main event, while this will be Austin’s 1st WrestleMania main event after 21 years.
Below are Austin’s WrestleMania main events:
1. WrestleMania 14 – defeated Shawn Michaels to win the WWF Championship
2. WrestleMania 15 – defeated The Rock to win the WWF Championship
3. WrestleMania 17 – defeated The Rock to win the WWF Championship
During an interview on the Rich Eisen Show, Austin said the following about why he’s returning:
“When I left, I didn’t want to leave. WrestleMania 19, my neck had presented some problems. After I got spiked and dropped on my head back in 97, I had three, four fused up, and it was time for me to ride off into the sunset and do something else.
This comeback means a lot to me as I’ve been getting back into in-ring shape. I’m gonna go out there and do the absolute best I can.
I’m doing this for the fans. I’m doing this for WWE. I’m doing this for me, number one.”
WATCH: Former WWE Ring Announcer JoJo (Bray Wyatt’s Girlfriend) Shows Off Her Huge ASSets:
• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (March 20, 1993) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Convention Center in Long Beach, California and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ted DiBiase & I.R.S. vs. Alan Reid & Robert Thompson
2. Kamala vs. Jim Gorman
3. Shawn Michaels vs. Joey Maggs
4. Bob Backlund vs. Larry Ludden
5. Doink The Clown vs. Larry Sampson