• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 13, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Center in Omaha, Nebraska and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Ultimate Warrior vs. Al Burke
2. Bad News Brown vs. Tom Stock
3. Brutus Beefcake vs. Tony Leone
4. The Twin Towers vs. Jim Merkel & Kevin Michaelson
5. King’s Crown Match: Jim Duggan vs. King Haku
6. Tito Santana vs. Barry Horowitz
• SummerSlam 2020 May Be Pushed Into September, Update On Possible New Location
As we noted earlier, large gatherings have been banned in the city of Boston by Mayor Marty Walsh, which means WWE can’t hold the event there anymore.
WrestleVotes reached out to a few sources to get an update on the status of SummerSlam weekend.
According to their sources, WWE is planning to relocate SummerSlam to a place where fans will be allowed. The states of Florida and Georgia are potential candidates to host the event.
The event is originally scheduled to take place on August 23rd, but WWE may push it into September.
In regards to NXT TakeOver, it’s status is up in the air.
What I’ve learned from sources on SummerSlam.
– WWE wants to remain as is, city of Boston has made it clear that’s not likely
– WWE is activity hunting for a new location w/ fans
– Keep an eye on the South, FL & GA.
– Date MAY be pushed into September
– No word on TakeOver
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) May 13, 2020
WATCH: Alexa Bliss’ Buns Exposed On SmackDown: