2. WWE Doing A First Ever Women’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match At Money In The Bank 2017 PPV?
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, this year’s Money In The Bank 2017 PPV is expected to feature two Money in the Bank contract ladder match – one for the men’s division and the other one for the women’s division.
This will be a step further in WWE trying to portray their male & female wrestlers as equals. WWE has done the following things since their “Women’s Revolution” to ensure equality between male & female wrestlers:
– WWE Divas are now called WWE Superstars (just like the male wrestlers)
– Retired the Divas Championship and introduced the WWE Women’s Championship (now Raw & SmackDown Women’s Championship)
– Women main eventing Raw & SmackDown Live
– Women main eventing main roster WWE PPV
– Women having a Hell in a Cell match
The only problem at this point is that there are 6 active women available of the SmackDown Live roster as of now – Naomi, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Natalya, Carmella & Tamina Snuka- and out of these 6 women, two will be involved in the SmackDown Women’s Championship match at Money In The Bank 2017.
The men’s Money in the Bank ladder match will feature 6 men. To match that number, WWE would have to bring two more women for this match.
The only other two non-active women on the SmackDown Live roster as of now are Nikki Bella (hiatus) and Lana (scheduled to debut on SmackDown Live soon).