• The Man Who Designed The Legendary Winged Eagle WWF Championship Belt Has Passed Away
We are saddened to report that legendary belt maker and former pro-wrestler Reggie Parks has passed away at the age of 87.
His Facebook page issued the following statement:
“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our dear friend and mentor, ‘The King of Belts’ Reggie Parks.
Reggie passed peacefully this morning in Tucson, AZ after a short but valiant battle with COVID-19.”
Reggie designed many famous wrestling belts, including the following designs:
– 1988-1998 Winged Eagled WWF Championship
– 1986-1998 version of the WWF Intercontinental Championship
– 1990s version of the WWF Tag Team Championship
Below are some photos of Reggie Parks:
We would like to thank Reggie Parks for his legendary contributions to the wrestling business!
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 8, 2001) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana and featured matches, interviews & segments, on the road to the ‘WWF No Mercy 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. The Big Show, Spike Dudley & Tajiri vs. Tazz & The Dudley Boyz
2. WCW World Tag Titles: The Hardy Boyz vs. Booker T. & Test
3. Edge vs. Rhyno
4. Rob Van Dam & Shane McMahon vs. The Rock & Chris Jericho
5. X-Pac vs. Scotty Too Hotty
6. Mighty Molly vs. Lita
7. WWF World Title: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle