• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 6, 1985) – NWA The Great American Bash 1985
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 6, 1985, Jim Crockett Promotions held the inaugural ‘NWA The Great American Bash 1985’ at the American Legion Memorial Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The 1st ever Great American Bash event aired on closed-circuit television and later made it onto a commercial VHS tape.
The results from that night:
– Dog Collar: Jimmy Valiant defeated Paul Jones
– Manny Fernandez, Sam Houston & Buzz Tyler defeated Superstar Billy Graham, Konga The Barbarian & Abdullah the Butcher
– Ron Bass wrestled Buddy Landel to a draw
– NWA National Tag Team Championship: The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (c) defeated Buzz Sawyer & Dick Slater
– NWA World Tag Team Championship vs. AWA World Tag Team Championship: The Russian Team (c/NWA) wrestled The Road Warriors (c/AWA) to a double-DQ
– NWA United States Championship: Magnum T.A. (c) defeated Kamala by DQ
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair (c) defeated Nikita Koloff
– Steel Cage – NWA World Television Championship: Dusty Rhodes defeated Tully Blanchard (c)
• The Rock Loves Bray Wyatt’s New Gimmick, Wyatt Teases In-Ring Return On RAW
Bray Wyatt recently forgave The Rock for beating him up at WrestleMania 32. Below is what Wyatt tweeted:
I wanted you to know I forgive you for exploiting my love for frozen pizza pockets in front of the worlds largest wrestling crowd. Through therapy and and The Muscle Man Dance™️, I’m all better now!
Ps. Jumanji was ?
— Bray Wyatt (@WWEBrayWyatt) June 27, 2019
The Rock replied the following to Wyatt:
I’m pleased to hear your therapy has been successful. Frozen pizza pocket vulnerability is not easy to expose. You’re a better man for it and I’m proud of you.
And yes, you will love the new Jumanji this Christmas.
Ps, you’re bat shit crazy.
And. I. Love. It. https://t.co/hBDX17BGJn
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) July 4, 2019
With that being said Wyatt teased an in-ring return on next week’s RAW as Roman Reigns’ tag team partner:
— Bray Wyatt (@WWEBrayWyatt) July 5, 2019