• The Rock Reveals What He Was Planning To Do When His WWF Career Was “FAILING MISERABLY”
The Rock’s athletic-label Project Rock has become the official global footwear partner of the UFC.
This partnership kicked off at the UFC 270 pay-per-view.
During an interview on UFC Live on ABC, The Rock revealed that he considered doing MMA many years ago, but is glad he didn’t.
Below is what he had to say regarding what would’ve happened to him inside the Octagon and the Francis Ngannou vs. Ciryl Gane fight:
“UFC fighters, they step into that iconic Octagon and they look to establish their dominance and look to establish their legacy. Some become champion, some don’t.
This is a very unique match-up here, with two very unique individuals. I think a win here for either one will start to establish their legacy.
I think for me I’ll go back as a fan, and someone who has never competed in the Octagon, though I would have loved to many, many moons ago, although I would’ve got my face smashed in and I like my jaw where it’s at.”
The Rock then took to Instagram to reveal that he considered leaving the WWF in 1997 to go to Japan to train for an MMA career in Pride Fighting Championships.
Below is what The Great One wrote:
“It’s been fun for journalist to dream up the scenarios if I had competed in UFC instead of a career in WWE.
There was a point in 1997 when I seriously considered going to Japan to train as an MMA fighter and compete (in PRIDE) when my wrestling career was FAILING MISERABLY as ‘Rocky Maivia’ 👎🏾
But I realized very quickly, how much I actually hate being punched in the kisser. 🤜🏾 🤣 “
WATCH: Zelina Vega (Malakai Black’s Wife) In Super Hot Revealing Costume:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 24, 1986) – WWF TNT Tuesday Night Titans
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF TNT Tuesday Night Titans’.
This episode included matches, storyline segments & studio interviews on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania 2’ PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. Vince Mcmahon & Lord Alfred Hayes open the show
2. Roddy Piper & Cowboy Bob Orton join the TNT set
3. Pipers Pit-Roddy asks a doctor about Cowboy Bobs arm
4. B.Brian Blair joins the TNT set
5. B.Brian Blair vs. Barry O
6. Bobby Heenan joins the TNT set
7. Baffle The Brain segment-Alfred gives Bobby a quiz
8. Hillbilly Jim & Cousin Luke join the TNT set
9. Hillbilly Jim & Cousin Luke vs. Moondog Spot & Dave Navarro