• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 1, 1986) – NWA Battle of the Belts 3
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 14, 1986, CWF Championship Wrestling From Florida held ‘NWA Battle of the Belts 3’ at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach, Florida.
This was the last of 3 ‘NWA Battle of the Belts’ events, promoted by the CWF promotion.
The results from that night:
– Jimmy Backlund pinned Bob Cook
– Tyree Pride pinned The Cuban Assassin
– US Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones beat The Sheepherders
– US Junior Heavyweight Title
The White Ninja pinned Tim Horner (c)
(The belt was later returned to Horner due to outside interference)
– AWA World Champ Nick Bockwinkel beat Kendo Nagasaki via DQ
– The Road Warriors wrestled Ed Gantner & Kareem Muhammad to a double DQ
– Kendall Windham defeated Bahamas Champ Chris Champion via DQ.
– 2 out of 3 Falls
NWA World Champ Ric Flair wrestled Lex Luger to a draw
– Florida Title
Barry Windham pinned Ron Bass (c)
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• The Undertaker Appearing In A New Wrestling Series This Month (Video)
The Undertaker will be among the 4 special guests that will appear on a new wrestling series titled ‘Wrastlin’.
You can watch the promo involving The Undertaker below:
Below is what the description reads:
“Over four weeks this September, Ed Young and Fellowship Church welcome four legendary guests from the world of professional wrestling – Ric Flair, The Undertaker, The Million Dollar Man, and Sting!
The Bible often compares the Christian life to that of a warrior, a wrestler. Wrestling is a metaphor commonly used in the Christian life and one that will remind us that no matter what, God is ready and able to step in between the ropes and help us overcome any challenge we face!”