• 1st Ever WrestleMania Took Place 33 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 31, 1985, the first WrestleMania took place at Madison Square Garden. Below are the results:
– Tito Santana def. The Executioner
– King Kong Bundy (with Jimmy Hart) def. Special Delivery Jones
– Brutus Beefcake (with Johnny Valiant) vs. David Sammartino (with Bruno Sammartino) ended in a Double DQ.
– WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship Match: Junkyard Dog def. Greg Valentine (c) (with Jimmy Hart) by countout.
– WWF Tag Team Championship Match: The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff (with Freddie Blassie) def. The U.S. Express (Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo) (c) (with Lou Albano) to win the Titles.
– Body Slam Challenge for $15,000: André the Giant def. Big John Studd (with Bobby Heenan)
– WWF Women’s Championship Match: Wendi Richter (with Cyndi Lauper) def. Leilani Kai (c) (with The Fabulous Moolah) to win the Title.
– Tag team match with Muhammad Ali and Pat Patterson as special guest referees: WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan and Mr. T (with Jimmy Snuka) def. Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper (with Bob Orton)
You can watch the highlights from this event in just 60 seconds below:
• The Undertaker Broke Character To Show Respect To Ric Flair 10 Years Ago Today (Video)
On this day in pro wrestling history on March 31, 2008, it was the post WrestleMania 24 edition of Monday Night Raw. This night featured the farewell of “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair as he lost a retirement match to Shawn Michaels the previous night at WrestleMania 24.
The farewell included a Four Horsemen reunion (Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon, Arn Anderson, & Barry Windham). It would be their only televised reunion until 2012, when they go into the WWE Hall of Fame as a unit, and Ric Flair becoming a 2 time WWE Hall of Famer.
After Raw went off the air, The Undertaker made his way out and broke character to show respect and congratulate Flair on a legendary career.
You can watch it below: