• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 10, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Way Out 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Perry Saturn vs. Brian Christopher
2. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz
3. Dean Malenko vs. Scott Taylor
4. The Rock & Cactus Jack vs. New Age Outlaws
5. Luna Vachon & Gangrel vs. Miss Jacquline & Prince Albert
6. Rikishi vs. Chris Benoit
7. Al Snow & Steve Blackman vs. Hardy Boyz
8. No DQ Match: Chris Jericho vs. Crash Holly
9. Handicap Match: Kane vs. Triple H & X-Pac
10. WWF European Title: Val Venis vs. Kurt Angle
• The Undertaker Featured In WrestleMania 37 Promo, Logo Revealed
WWE made the following announcement regarding WrestleMania 37 today:
WrestleMania returns to Los Angeles in 2021
“WrestleMania is going Hollywood.
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts Jr. and WWE are proud to announce that SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park in Los Angeles will host WWE’s pop-culture extravaganza, WrestleMania, on Sunday, March 28, 2021.”
Below is the official logo for WrestleMania 37:
You can watch the promo for WrestleMania 37 below:
— WWE (@WWE) February 10, 2020
As you saw in the above promo, legends like The Undertaker, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H were shown.
This is interesting, as WWE didn’t use Undertaker during WrestleMania 35 ads to promote the event, as they knew The Phenom wouldn’t be a part of the show.
This most likely means WWE is interested in using multiple legends when WrestleMania goes Hollywood next year!