• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 21, 1993) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Convention Center in Fresno, California and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Money Inc. vs. High Energy
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Gary Key & Larry Ludden
– Giant Gonzales vs. 3 Scrubs (from last week’s WWF Superstars)
– Crush vs. Al Burke
– WrestleMania Report
– Virgil vs. Lex Luger
• The Undertaker Got Burned On PPV 10 Years Ago Today (Video)
10 Years ago today, WWE aired Elimination Chamber 2010 PPV and the main event of the show was an Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship.
The Undertaker, who was the World Heavyweight Champion at that time, suffered severe burns, mainly to his chest, during his entrance due to a pyro accident.
This led to The Undertaker quickly removing his coat and rushing to the ring.
The Undertaker, being a professional that he is, still went ahead with the match. While he was in the pod during the match, the outside referee handed Taker multiple water bottles to cool the burned area.
You can watch this frightening incident below:
After the PPV was over, Taker stopped at the entrance stage, looked at the pyrotechnic area and yelled at the people working on it.
The Undertaker was reportedly very upset about this incident when he went backstage.
A fan that attended this PPV had the following to say about this incident:
“During Taker’s entrance, he stopped on the the ramp and his fire shot up. He caught on fire, completely from head to toe. He threw his coat and hat off and ran to the ring. Luckily, the fire extinguished itself.
Once he went into his pod, Referee Jack Doan handed Taker several bottles of water to cool himself. I can’t believe he competed in the match. It was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. He was completely engulfed for one to two seconds. It was unbelievable.”
Below are the results from this PPV:
– Elimination Chamber Match For The WWE Championship: John Cena def. Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, Triple H and Sheamus (c) to win the Title
– WWE Championship Match: Batista defeated John Cena (c) to win the Title
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Drew McIntyre (c) def. Kane to retain the Title
– LayCool (Layla and Michelle McCool) def. Gail Kim and Maryse
– United States Championship Match: The Miz (c) (with Big Show) def. MVP (with Mark Henry) to retain the Title
– Elimination Chamber Match For The World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho def. CM Punk (with Luke Gallows and Serena), John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth and The Undertaker (c) to win the Title