• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 25, 1985) – WWF Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their TV show ‘World Championship Wrestling’ on Ted Turner’s channel TBS.
‘World Championship Wrestling’ originally belonged to the Georgia Championship Wrestling territory, which Vince McMahon bought in July 1984 (leading to the infamous “Black Saturday”).
After the first ever WrestleMania event in 1985, McMahon sold the TV-show and the timeslot on TBS that came with it, to the Atlanta based Jim Crockett Promotions, who kept the ‘World Championship Wrestling’ name and continued the show as a weekly Saturday night Wrestling show.
Ted Turner eventually bought Jim Crockett Promotions in late 1988 and renamed it ‘World Championship Wrestling’, which ironically was also the name of its weekly A-show, until they changed the show’s name to ‘WCW Saturday Night’ in 1992.
The World Wrestling Federation product ran on this show from July 14, 1984 until March 25, 1985.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania event.
You can find the card below:
1. The Junkyard Dog vs. Snake Brown
2. Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff vs. Jim Young & Hollywood Brown
3. The British Bulldogs vs. Scrubs
4. Mr. Wrestling II vs. Star Man
5. King Kong Bundy vs. Scrubs
6. Greg Valentine vs. Aldo Marino
7. Ricky Steamboat vs. Scrub
8. David Sammartino vs. Tony Russo
9. Iron Sheik & Nilolai Volkoff vs. Scrubs
10. Brutus Beefcake vs. Scrub
• The Undertaker Might Debut New Character After Losing At WrestleMania 36
The Undertaker will face AJ Styles in a “Boneyard Match” at WrestleMania 36.
We recently noted that The Undertaker might be undergoing a character change and Tom Colohue is reporting that this could happen after Undertaker becomes 24-3 at WrestleMania (i.e. a loss to AJ Styles at WrestleMania 36):
“The way this is playing out, it’s very possible AJ Styles may win and The Undertaker may briefly vanish again, before coming out and emerging as a new version entirely, which will be fitting for The Undertaker’s last run, which he is considering taking up very, very soon.
A new evolution, to begin a new chapter, which would be something new entirely.
He does seem to be performing a lot better in the ring recently and I do think he still has a lot left to give. He certainly agrees on that regard, so let’s see where it goes next.”
WATCH: Super Hot Revealing Video Of Former WWE Diva Michelle McCool (The Undertaker’s Wife):