• The Undertaker Set A WWF Record 30 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 27, 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Survivor Series 1991’ LIVE on PPV from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
The pay-per-view had the tagline “The Gravest Challenge”.
This was the 5th annual ‘Survivor Series’ event since it started in 1987.
At this PPV, The Undertaker defeated Hulk Hogan to win the WWF Championship for the 1st time in his career.
With this huge win, Undertaker became the youngest WWF Champion at that time, at the age of 26. This record was then broken by Yokozuna, followed by The Rock and then Brock Lesnar.
Here are the results:
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Mountie, Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase & The Warlord defeated Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Roddy Piper & Virgil
– Survivor Series elimination match: Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, The Texas Tornado & Tito Santana defeated The Berzerker, Col. Mustafa, Hercules & Skinner
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker defeated Hulk Hogan (c)
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Nasty Boys & The Beverly Brothers defeated The Bushwhackers & The Rockers
– Survivor Series elimination match: Big Boss Man & The Legion of Doom defeated Irwin R. Schyster & The Natural Disasters
WATCH: Sara (Undertaker’s Ex-Wife) In A Bikini – Part 1:
• Old School WCW Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Old School WCW Veteran Evan Karagias celebrates his 48th birthday today.
At first, Evan was used as a jobber, when he joined Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling in 1997, but by late 1999 he joined “Sugar” Shane Helms & Shannon Moore and together they formed ‘3 Count’, a faction with the gimmick of a boy band.
When Vince McMahon bought the promotion in March 2001, Karagias was among the 24 WCW wrestlers who received a WWF contract, but he didn’t last long and only appeared a few times during the infamous Invasion angle, before he was released a few months later.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN KARAGIAS!